- Process to attempt internal assessment
- Process to attempt end-term examination
- Process to attempt practical examination
- Process to attempt Viva-Voce Examination
All due care is taken to ensure that examination process is pious, transparent and accommodates the specific context of students .
Examinaiton process of students admitted to courses offered by School of Distance Education has following components:
- Internal Assessment
- External Assessment
Students who enroll for distance education are the one who are serving, family circumstances do not permit to regular perusal of academic programmes. An examination process that that is evolved to meet the specific needs of students of Distance Education is as below:
PROCESS OF ATTEMPTING END-TERM EXAMINATIONS:
- STEP - 1 Candidates are expected to visit website of Jiwaji University for announcement of examination calendar.
- STEP - 2 Candidate are advised to fill online examination –cum-enrollment form (first-year students) within specified dates. Second and third year students need to fill only examination form. Examination/enrollment forms are available at http://jiwaji.ucanapply.com. Examination forms submitted after due date will attract fine.
- STEP - 3 A printout of examination form need to be submitted to the School of Distance Education, Jiwaji University, Gwalior along with self-attested photocopies of (unless otherwise mentioned):
- Marksheets of 10th class;
- Marksheet of 12th Class;
- Eligibility Certificate;
- Migration Certificate;
- Gap Certificate (if there is discontinuity in education) in original;
- Mark sheet of Graduation (in case of PG courses). Students can also send above printout of examination form and above documents by post to School of Distance Education, Jiwaji University, Gwalior. In case the documents are sent by post, candidates should ensure that they reach within stipulated time.
- STEP - 4 Regularly visit website of Jiwaji University to get information regarding examination dates.
- STEP - 5 After declaration of examination schedule, students can download their Admit Card from http://mponline.gov.in/portal/services/Jiwaji/Dashboard.aspx. Students who are not able to download their Admit Card from the referred website can visit School of Distance Education to get the same.
- STEP - 6 Candidates need to visit examination centre as mentioned in their Admit Card to attempt their exams.
- STEP - 7 After examinations, candidates should regularly visit the website of Jiwaji University to access the result of examination.
- STEP - 8 After 15 days (tentative) candidates can collect their mark sheets from School of Distance Education or Study Centre where she/he has enrolled. For the same, students are required to submit No-Dues form to the School/Study Centre.
- STEP - 9 In case a student fails in any one subject or more, she/he can appear in the same paper next year subject to maximum duration of the course. Further details can be obtained from the School of Distance Education.
PROCESS OF ATTEMPTING INTERNAL ASSESSMENTS:
- STEP 1: Candidates need to collect internal assessment assignments and answer sheets from School of Distance Education/Study centre during the stipulated dates.
- STEP 2: Candidates are expected to submit answer sheets within stipulated time as declared by School of Distance Education. Students who get late in submitting answer sheets can deposit as per the schedule along with fine. Candidates can also send their assignment through post. They need to ensure that answer sheet reach in time to avoid levying late fee. School of Distance Education will not be responsible for any postal delays.
PROCESS OF ATTEMPTING PRACTICAL EXAMINATION:
- STEP 1: STEP 1: In courses where there is provision of practical examination the conduct of same will be declared alongwith with the date sheet of main end-term examination. Students need to go through the same.
- STEP 2: STEP 2: On stipulated date practical exams will be conducted at a place decided by School of Distance Education or at the Study Centre.
- STEP 3: Students need to submit related assignments at the place of examination to the examiner.
- STEP 4: Candidates need to ensure that they are required to bring relevant apparatus or material for practical examination as notified to them.
PROCESS OF ATTEMPTING VIVA-VOCE EXAMINATION:
- STEP 1: In courses where there is provision of viva-voce the conduct of same will be declared alongwith the date sheet of main end-term examination. Students need to go through the same.
- STEP 2: On stipulated date viva-voce exams will be conducted at a place decided by School of Distance Education or at the Study Centre. Candidates are expected to appear in Viva-voce.
- STEP 3: Students need to submit related file/report, wherever applicable, within stipulated time to School of Distance Education/Study centre.